Music is a very important part of life at Ark Pioneer Academy – we’re very proud of our music enrichment offer and our pupils really do love it! All Ark Pioneer pupils follow a diverse curriculum, currently ‘Stomp & Sing’ in Year 7, exploring music from West Africa in Year 8 and using music technology to create Electronic Dance Music tracks in Year 9.
Beyond the curriculum there are a host of opportunities for pupils to take part in music enrichment, including:
- Instrumental lessons offered to every pupil – from trumpet, piano and clarinet to drums and saxophone
- The opportunity to sing with our wonderful choir and perform with our strings ensemble, concert band & rock band
- Frequent opportunities to perform at school events and externally in network performances and competitions, and in music events across the city.
- Ark Sounds Alive Instrumental Ensemble – open to all instrumentalists across the Ark Schools network - all abilities and all year groups are welcome. We’re delighted to have ten musicians taking part from years 7 – 9 at Pioneer.
- Ark One Voice Choir – open to all singers across the network – again all abilities and all year groups are welcome.
Music Mark award
We're also delighted to have been nominated to be a Music Mark School! This is huge honour as Music Mark is the UK Association for Music Education, championing and supporting access to music for all children and young people. We were nominated by BEAT (Barnet Education Arts Trust) in recognition of the value we place on music, encouraging access and engagement for all pupils with high quality music making.