One of our key strengths at Ark Pioneer Academy is our rich, high-quality sports programme.
Sports for all
We want all pupils to enjoy getting involved in sport at school. A key part of our enrichment programme is our sports offer – from yoga to table tennis, dodgeball to basketball, pupils try out new sports and learn more about sports they love in their two enrichment sessions each week.
At lunchtime, pupils have the opportunity to play sport as part of our social time provision. They can enjoy football on our MUGA, basketball on our courts outside and table tennis in our Activity Studio every day.
Throughout the year, we run a variety of interform competitions to encourage participation. Competitions for each year group are set out below:
- December = Football, Netball and Badminton interform
- March = Basketball, Rugby and Badminton interform
- June = Athletics, Cricket and Rounders interform
We are proud of our sports teams' achievements and many notable individual performances, with Ark Pioneer competing across the borough of Barnet, the Ark Network and nationally in an array of a different sports.
- Our sports teams have trials at the start of each term and are then selected into squads for specific sports. This is also reviewed within the term with opportunity for students to join squads throughout.
- Our sports teams practice weekly in preparation for competitive fixtures within the borough of Barnet and Ark Network
- We also encourage individual athletes to push themselves and we have notable athletes from years 7 to 10 competing at a high level including in elite football, tennis and swimming.
- Our team sports this autumn term are:
|Monday||Netball Year 7|
|Football Year 10|
|Tuesday||Football Year 8|
|Netball – Year 9|
|Football Year 9|
|Thursday||Football Year 7|
|Netball Year 10|
|Netball Year 8|