All our pupils wear full school uniform. Our uniform reflects our values and reinforces our culture of high expectations, pride in our appearance and academic achievement. It promotes a strong and cohesive academy identity and supports high standards in all areas of school life.
We have a compulsory Ark Pioneer Academy uniform for several reasons:
- Uniforms unite the academy. Pupils make a commitment that when they put on their Ark Pioneer uniform they will actively support our ethos and abide by the rules of our community.
- Uniforms reduce distractions. We are focused on achieving success. When pupils are allowed to wear their own clothing, there is potential to talk about fashion and styles rather than learning.
- Uniforms help ensure quality in the academy. Whether families have high incomes or low incomes, the pupils come to the academy looking the same way. No one has to feel bad about the clothes they have or don't have.
- Uniforms look professional, in that pupils look neat and ready to learn. Our suit-like uniform also helps prepare pupils for professional life and enhances their sense of formality.
Support in purchasing our school uniform:
- We have items of second hand uniform available from school including the main uniform and PE kit – please enquire with firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to access this
- We sell navy tights at a discounted price from our pupil Equipment Shop
- Should your family have any difficulty purchasing items of uniform contact email@example.com referencing uniform support and we will be in touch to discuss options including
- Local authority uniform grant
- School based uniform subsidies
- (This is in addition to second hand uniform as above)
We regularly publish this information to parents in our weekly update and invite donations from any current parents. Donations welcome any time at the front office. Thanks to everyone who supports this.
Our uniform blazer is plain navy with red lining. We have deliberately not included our school logo on the blazer, so that if a pupil needs a formal blazer to wear to a personal occasion, they can wear their uniform blazer and not have the extra cost.
Our white shirt can be long or short sleeved, whichever is more comfortable to the child, and purchased from any shop.
Pupils should bring appropriate outdoor clothing during cold or wet weather; any outdoor clothing should be dark in colour and worn on top of the academy blazer, not underneath or as an alternative to the blazer. Pupils should bring an umbrella during wet weather. Hats, scarves and gloves must be dark or academy colours; they can be worn when weather appropriate.
We discuss the uniform in full with parents during our Home Visit.
Our uniform can be purchased in store at the address below or online at www.uniform4kids.com.
30 The Broadway
Tel: 020 8959 4987
Their opening hours are: Monday – Saturday 9am – 5.30pm
We would like to let you know that our Mill Hill, Stanmore and Temple Fortune branches we will be closed on Monday 25th September for Yom Kippur, the Jewish Day of Atonement. In case you have any casual admissions, please can you notify them to visit us on an alternative day.
A reminder that from Friday 6th October to May we will resume our winter opening hours of:
Around these days parents/carers can still order online.
Equipment required for school every day
- Pencil case with blue/black pens, red pen, pencil, 12" ruler, rubber, sharpener & highlighter
- Scientific calculator, protractor & compass
- A reading book or electronic reader, such as a Kindle
- Pupil planner (we issue an Ark Pioneer Academy planner to every child)
- A refillable water bottle
- School rucksack & school PE kit bag
If pupils are not fully equipped for their lessons then they are able to visit the stationary shop every Monday and Thursday from 8am – 8.20am in the canteen. Parents & carers need to have topped up pupils lunch card through iPayImpact first, items can then be purchased at the food till.