Yesterday 12 incredibly lucky year 10 triple scientists represented ARK Pioneer Academy on a visit to Cambridge University. They spent the day at the Department of Applied Maths and Theoretical Physics in Trinity College, Cambridge.
As part of the day pupils engaged in various sessions including group activities and challenges, including:
- Learning how some mathematicians explore real-world data
- A treasure hunt exploring the mathematics department
- A short tour of the college and Wren Library plus lunch
- Visiting the Blood Donor Centre
- Learning how sequencing provides better patient care and joining a tour of the donor clinic
- Learning about NIHR Young Peoples Bioresource and a Bioresource laboratory tour
Enormous thanks to those who arranged and shaped the visit and Dr Barnes, our Chair of Governors who supported on the trip.