Remote Learning Guide
Completing Work Remotely
How do I access my online learning?
- All of our online learning takes place on Microsoft Teams
- Our video tutorial on how to access Teams and your email is on YouTube and can be viewed here
- Teams can be accessed through our Homepage by going to Remote Learning and then Pupil SharePoint
- If pupils forget their username/password then they must get in touch with school as soon as possible
Where should I do my work?
- You should find a place where you can do focused work without distractions e.g. phones, TVs, games consoles nearby
- It’s a great idea to get someone to take these distractions away from you so that you can do your work.
What if I get stuck or don’t understand?
- If you don’t understand your work, then please get in touch with your subject teacher. You can do this through Teams by commenting in the class group or by emailing your teacher
What if I finish all my work?
- If you finish your work, you should quiz yourself so that learning sticks in your long-term memory.
- You can make copy/cover/check resources to help quiz yourself or take on additional reading that was in your subject booklets or that you have been directed to by your class teacher
Looking after yourself while completing remote learning
How do I stay safe when working from home?
- Its important to follow the government guidance including isolating if you or a member of your household shows symtoms of coronavirus
- We will ensure you are provided with a remote learning programme so that you continue to progress across the breadth of subjects
- Remember to stay safe online by only communicating with people who you know and trust
How can I be healthy while working at home?
- It is important to take regular breaks while working and set a timetable for your day. A great way to do this is to set a timer for 20min of work with no distractions and then take a 10min break. Or you could work in the morning and then take the afternoon off.
- It is important to consider your mental and physical health when you are off. Remember to be doing regular exercise (your PE booklet will help with this) and if you are worried about your mental health there are great resources online (youngminds.org.uk) but the best thing to do is to speak with a friend, family member or your form tutor about how you are feeling.