Ark Pioneer Academy Uniform & Equipment
All our pupils wear full school uniform. Our uniform reflects our values and reinforces our culture of high expectations, pride in our appearance and academic achievement. It promotes a strong and cohesive academy identity and supports high standards in all areas of school life.
We have a compulsory Ark Pioneer Academy uniform for several reasons:
- Uniforms unite the academy. Pupils make a commitment that when they put on their Ark Pioneer uniform they will actively support our ethos and abide by the rules of our community.
- Uniforms reduce distractions. We are focused on achieving success. When pupils are allowed to wear their own clothing, there is potential to talk about fashion and styles rather than learning.
- Uniforms help ensure quality in the academy. Whether families have high incomes or low incomes, the pupils come to the academy looking the same way. No one has to feel bad about the clothes they have or don't have.
- Uniforms look professional, in that pupils look neat and ready to learn. Our suit-like uniform also helps prepare pupils for professional life and enhances their sense of formality.
Our uniform blazer is plain navy with red lining. We have deliberately not included our school logo on the blazer, so that if a pupil needs a formal blazer to wear to a personal occasion, they can wear their uniform blazer and not have the extra cost.
Our white shirt can be long or shirt sleeved, whichever is more comfortable to the child, and purchased from any shop.
Pupils should bring appropriate outdoor clothing during cold or wet weather; any outdoor clothing should be dark in colour and worn on top of the academy blazer, not underneath or as an alternative to the blazer. Pupils should bring an umbrella during wet weather. Hats, scarves and gloves must be dark or academy colours; they can be worn when weather appropriate.
We discuss the uniform in full with parents during our Home Visit.
Our uniform can be purchased in store at the address below or online at www.uniform4kids.com.
30 The Broadway
Tel: 020 8959 4987
Their opening hours are: Monday – Saturday 9am – 5.30pm
We would like to let you know that the Mill Hill, Stanmore and Temple Fortune branches will be closed on Monday 26th September & Wednesday 5th October for the Jewish New Year and Jewish Day of Atonement respectively.
A reminder that from Friday 7th October to May they will resume the winter opening hours of:
Around these days parents/carers can still order online.
Equipment required for school every day:
- Pencil case with blue/black pens, red pen, pencil, 12" ruler, rubber, sharpener & highlighter
- Scientific calculator, protractor & compass
- A reading book or electronic reader, such as a Kindle
- Pupil planner (we issue an Ark Pioneer Academy planner to every child)
- A refillable water bottle
- School rucksack & school PE kit bag