Our new building
On this page we will provide updates through the year about the progression of our brand new building.
Building Update January 2019:
We are delighted to say that the construction of the new school building continues to progress well.
- 70% of the walls have now been plastered
- A first coat of paint is being applied inside the building to walls, ceilings and doors
- Fencing is being put up along Priory Grove
- Rooflights have been put in
- The coldstore in the kitchen has been put in.
Building Update December 2018:
We are pleased to report the building and grounds are continuing to progress very well!
- Brickwork is almost complete
- Partitions between rooms are going in throughout the building
- The first coat of paint is being applied inside the building
- Cladding above the brickwork has commenced around 3 sides of the building
- The erection of the new wooden fencing is continuing.
Building Update November 2018:
Our update for this month is below, along with new photos of our building:
- Most of the internal walls have gone up now so you can really get a sense of what the new school will look like from the inside
- The bricks are being laid around the outside of the building and the grey cladding will soon be going on
- The carpark and access road are being tarmacked in the next couple of weeks.
Building Update October 2018:
We are pleased to report:
- Building works are progressing well at Ark Pioneer Academy
- The playing fields are being levelled and will soon be seeded
- The roof is going on
- Tarmac is going down in the playground.
We will be lucky to have state of the art facilities for our founder year group in our purpose-built school.
On the ground floor, this will include a multi-court sports hall and fully equipped fitness centre. We will have a drama studio and performance hall as well as art & technology specialist spaces. Our music corridor will include individual practice rooms and we will offer subsidised music lessons for all pupils. Our library on the first floor will be a key resource for our pupils and in addition to this we will have suites of chromebooks and desktop computers to support pupil learning across the curriculum.
Our pupils will also have a variety of outdoor space for PE & sports use. This will include:
- MUGA (Multi-use games area) court
- Two half Basketball Courts
- Further games areas around the school
- Two grass pitches, including one full sized football pitch
- We also hope to use the 4G pitch next store (see the photo below, top right corner).