How to apply
You will be able to apply to Ark Pioneer through Barnet Council's admissions process. The Council will publish an Admissions Booklet on their website in September containing all the information you will need to apply. You can find more details on their website here.
We will not have definitive information about the school catchment area until the applications are made and offers have been sent out. The size and shape of the catchment will depend on where the applications come from.
A consultation was run on the proposals to admit pupils in September 2018. The policy document that was consulted on can be viewed using the links below. If the opening date is delayed due to delays in securing planning permission to develop the school, there is no intention to amend the admissions policy, so the arrangements as detailed in the policy document below will apply for September 2019 admissions. Since the admissions policy was developed, the school has been reconfigured to be secondary-only. However, there are no plans to amend the admissions policy.
Ark Pioneer is a non-selective all-through academy with no religious affiliations and serves children of all abilities. The secondary school has places for 180 pupils each year (six form entry).
When the school is oversubscribed, we admit pupils according to the following criteria:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- children of a staff member who fills a post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage as approved by Ark Schools. (This priority is limited to no more than one place in each form of entry in any year).
- children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose "sibling" is a whole, half or step-brother or step-sister or an adopted child resident at the same address);
- children of staff in the school may also receive priority where the parent has been employed in the academy for two or more years at the time of the application for admission (that is the year before admission). Priority is limited to no more than one place for each form of entry in any year.
- children who live closest to the school using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child's home.
The school keeps a waiting list to fill any casual vacancies occurring if students leave during the academic year or withdraw from a place that has been offered.